Sunday, November 22, 2009

New Classroom Rules by Education Innovation

wordle
Ok I had to choose this one because some I agree with, others, I don't. I guess I have old-fashion ideas about the classroom. I do realize that some of these will have to change but I can't say that I agree with texting during class. If the students are allowed to text in class, I'm almost certain it won't always be about the educational topic they are supposed to be texting about. I think this may be the only one I disagree with completely. The others are good ideas for rules. Some I would use as they are but there are a few I would probably tweek just a bit. I don't necessarily like the getting up and moving around whenever they want to. I understand that the students should be able to get up and interact with each other, but I think if we allowed this to go on throughout the day it would be a big distraction. I do understand the technology of the rules, I didn't miss that. This is just my opinion of the rules.
Education Innovation

1 comment:

  1. I have never had a class in which I had 100% of the attention of 100% of the students for 100% of then time. It may be texting, Facebook, some other class, or just daydreaming. The point is to use texting as a learning process. I wrote a post earlier in the semester about this. Engage students with the tools they WANT to use!

    ReplyDelete