Thursday, August 20, 2009

did you know blog

I liked this video. It was very interesting to see how rapidly things have changed and are continuing to change. So what does all of this mean? It means that with each generation more and more discoveries are being made. It is a little irritating that statistically everything I learned in my first years in college are now outdated. It kind of scares me a bit to know that my students will probably know a lot more than I do. I guess that's why I have to keep my eagerness to learn and continue to learn over the years.

It also scares me to know that it is predicted that by 2049 there will be a computer that can do exceedingly more than any human being can do. Personally I think that is ridiculous. Why, when so many people are out of jobs now, would someone create something that could do so much more than a human could do? I just hope Jesus Christ comes back before any of that happens. I'm not sure why all of this rapid growth of communication scares me so badly, but I do know that I want to be off of this Earth when things go south...

1 comment:

  1. Change is a constant. It is just happening more rapidly now. Don't be scared. Help to direct it and use it wisely!

    ReplyDelete