Saturday, September 26, 2009

What I've learned this year --Mr Mcclung

I appreciated his thoughts on his first year. As a Education major I'm a little nervous about graduating and starting my first year. It was nice to have a first year teacher's view and insight. I agree completely with him when he says that listening and creating a teacher/student relationship with your kids, is so important! If they can't feel comfortable with you and relaxed and able to learn, I don't believe you'll accomplish very much.

I also liked the part about the communication. I know a lot of times, words and thoughts can get turned around and misunderstood. Then people's feelings get hurt, or someone else gets mad, then gossip starts to spread, and all because a few words were misinterpreted. I think it is very important to keep all lines of communication open for your students as well as your co-workers.

1 comment:

  1. Communication is central to all we do. Glad Mr. McClung's post was helpful.

    ReplyDelete