Saturday, September 26, 2009

wikipedia, reliable or no?

virgill griffith
I have used wikipedia before, but now after reading about this wikipedia scanner, and about how we know that people have been influencing information on the website for their own benefit, I probably won't use it anymore. I don't know if it will every credible again. I mean if any random person can go in and change the information that is shared with the world, how can it, in any fashion, be accurate? why would anyone want to use it?

1 comment:

  1. I use it a lot, and will continue to do so. Every source has its bias. None are perfect. Wikipedia at least provides you with links to other sources. Just be wary about politicians, public figures, politicians and the like. Also college professors who think they know it all.

    ReplyDelete